October 21, 2019
This policy covers how Callthentic treats personal information that Callthentic collects and shares, including via all related websites, networks, mobile applications, and other services provided by us and on which a link to this Policy is displayed (collectively, our "Service"). This includes information related to your past use of Callthentic products and services, and information about you that is personally identifiable such as your IP address and phone number.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect information from you in a variety of ways. Some of this information may identify you. We provide further detail on the type of information we collect, and how we collect it, below:
Information You Provide. When you register for or use the Service, Callthentic collects what is generally called "personally identifiable information," "personal information," or "personal data." All these terms refer to information that specifically relates to or identifies a particular individual. Personal information also includes information that when linked to other information identifies a specific individual. When you register, we may ask for a limited amount of personal information, including but not limited to your contact information. When you sign into our Service, you are not anonymous to us. Callthentic also collects information about your transactions with us, including your phone number and voicemail recordings created through the app and information about your use of our Service.
- Phone number: Callthentic requires a user's phone number to provide the service and for our internal business and operational needs. Callthentic shares phone numbers with its trusted partners that provide customer communications and insights tools and telecom services necessary to provide the Callthentic service.
- SMS Verification code: We use this to validate that you have access to the phone number.
- Permissions: We record that you have given us permission to (i) send and display notifications, (ii) access your contacts so that we do not block or screen these calls, and (iii) use your phone's microphone so callers can hear you since all calls that ring through are VoIP calls.
- Call Detail Record: All inbound calls will produce a call detail record (CDR) automatically with our trusted third-party telecom service provider. A CDR includes user phone number, caller's phone number, caller name (sourced through public records)
- Voicemail Recordings and Transcriptions: Callthentic collects and stores this information as part of the service it provides to its users.
- Contacts Information. We access the phone numbers in your contacts list to ensure that those numbers are not blocked. We only collect the phone number of your contacts and we do not share this information except with our trusted third-party telecom and cloud storage providers.
How Do We Use the Information?
We use the information we collect through the Service in a variety of ways:
- We use the information we collect to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all of the features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users.
- We use the information that we collect to understand how our products and the features within it are used by our customers and to measure and uncover insights about the performance of our products and features. We use these insights to improve existing features, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality. We may also use this information to help us understand our customer base and market our products more effectively.
We do not sell customer information. We share or disclose customer information only as described below. Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
We work with third party service providers that provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, call routing, data transmission, data processing and/or storage, internal analytics platforms, customer communications platforms and other functions necessary to provide and operate the Service and our business. Some examples of the types of third parties with whom we share information are below:
- Cloud Storage - Storage for Callthentic data
- Telecom Providers — Our trusted Telecom service providers allow us to make Callthentic available to you. We share phone number, voice recordings and transcriptions, and call recordings with this telecom service provider.
These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. However, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions. In addition, our service providers may only use the information provided in connection with the services they provide to us.
Additionally, we may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) to monitor network traffic or activity in order to detect malicious actors and protect you, ourselves or others from malware, fraud, unlawful uses or other illegal activity, (ii) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes, including to help us understand and market to our user demographic; or (iii) to assist us and such third parties providing services to us in understanding our user demographic, including user demographic interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, or functionality available through the Service.
We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state or federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
We also reserve the right to disclose your information when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service or any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
Our Service requires the collection of call records to operate. These records will be retained in our system for 1 calendar year. Should you cancel the Service and desire to have your records removed within a shorter window, please contact Callthentic support within the App settings screen.
Confidentiality and Security
We use reasonable and appropriate measures to help protect the integrity and security of personal information that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
International Use and Data Transfers
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you attempt to use the Service from other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.